Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Very First Ever Blog Post!


I feel so Blog-Savvy! This really is my first ever post to my very own blog. I have been following a friend's blog for a while now, but have never really had my own. So, here we are. We spent Thanksgiving at my parent's home in Missouri City, close to Houston. It was much better than our last Turkey Day celebration. Last year tops my list of bad holidays. We almost lost my dad to a blood infection, and we spent T-Day in the hospital. I remember crying as I was stuffing bags into the car at 3am, thinking..."Oh Dear God, I am not ready to lose my Daddy! Please don't let him die!" Thank the Lord, he recovered and we spent T-Day this year being thankful to just get the chance to have another one. I turned 38 on the 26th of Nov. Somehow, it does not really bother me. I am sure that 40 probably will, but I will think about that in a couple years! LOL For now, I am just glad to have been able to celebrate another birthday. The picture is of my 5yr old son, Josiah. He had a school project that required him to take "David" (of the 'No, David' books) home for the weekend and take pictures of us all doing stuff with David. This is at the Christmas Tree Farm where we went to pick out our tree. David is hanging out with the Pilgrim dude in the centerpiece!

Blessings!

Shannon

No comments: