Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Oh My Oh My!

So many good things going on around here! This last weekend, I sold several cards (yayyy me!) and a couple I did not even get a chance to take a picture of! I can show you the images I colored for one of them, because I DID take pictures of the images. This WOJ Henry image is one of my all time favs. I really like the color combination on this one.

I also just found out that a card I submitted for the Christian Paper Crafts Magazine has been accepted!!!! It is a new publication and the first issue is due out in May. Here is the card I submitted...


look familiar? I am very proud of this card and so happy that they chose this one to be in the magazine.

Here is a new card I made with two of the stamped images my friend Cindy E. at Heart's Delight Cards sent me. She is a sweetie and you really should check out her blog...she is super talented!


I made this while I was sitting at a table in our Community Center, selling cards to raise money for our local library. It was colored with Copics, and I have included a pic of the colors I used.



The CS is from a Joann's Valu Pack, the DP is Flair Designs - Amazing Grace pack - The Lord's Prayer, the ribbon is Basic from Michael's, the sentiment is from a ColorBok Vellum Quote Pack called Everyday Blessings, the brads are from my stash.


On the inside, I used my EK Success Photo Corner Punch, more of the Lord's Prayer DP and some Strathmore Bristol Smooth white paper.

Hope you are all having a fabulous week, I am trying to get caught up on all my "to-do's," the most important one being getting my taxes filed. This is the first year that I have taken so long to do this. Usually I am done by the middle of Feb. and have my refund by the end of Feb. My DH has issued an ultimatum of "NO MORE CRAFTING!!" asked me very sweetly to put off making more cards until I get the taxes filed! (hehehe, he did not say no more blogging!)

Blessing!

7 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Aww..good sruff! Love when people sell their cards and even better getting published! yeah! Your card is beautiful and I love the rose on it! Well done!
Judy xx

debra said...

Hi Shannon
i love this WOJ stamp and keep saying i must get him, congratulations on the wonderful news having your beautiful crad on show for everybody hope you take a photo to show us all when the magazine comes out and fabby other crad too
hugs Debra x

kisatrtle said...

Green with envy over your publication. Love that card though. Also, glad to hear that you are selling more cards. Just curious, what are you asking for them? Is that too personal. If so, you can tell me to bug off.

word for the day? Sceysis, which I think is a type of dry skin???LOL

Riet said...

wowww Shannon,what a beautiful cards,l love the image.
so beautiful colours.

hugs Riet.x

Anneke said...

a beautiful serie of card.
love the details and the soft colors

Jenners said...

Congrats! You totally deserve all success that comes your way. Your cards are gorgeous!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a terrific card! I hope you were able to raise ample money for your library! BR-T