Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar #41 - Torn Edges

The challenge this week over at SoS is to use torn edges in your work. This is kind of outside my comfort zone because I am kind of OCD when it comes to things lining up and being straight...LOL! I used this card by Camilla on the DT as my inspiration.

I had this lovely little Cheer Anya just waiting to be colored so I pulled out my new Copics and here she is! I have placed the markers I used in the photo, except I forgot the colorless blender I used to bring out the highlights in her hair. I trimmed around the image and popped her up on foam dots.

CS: light blue that I had stashed away. DP: Cloud9Design double sided Chocolate Swirl & Chocolate Chalet, Kelly Panacci for SandyLion Atomic Turquoise & Turquoise Mini Squares Ribbon: Michael's $1 Bin "Friends" Embellies: Gemstone Brads are Spare Parts, Paper Flowers are Spare Parts and the sentiment is from a Joann's vellum pack called "Friends"

Inspite of myself, I like how the torn edges look and the layers give it lots of depth. Here is a shot of the layers and the image popped up.

This is a shot of the inside of the card and the sentiment that I chose to complement the sentiment on the front. I thought the Cheer Anya was especially appropriate for a friend card, because our friends are often our biggest cheerleaders!

I really like this color combination and can see this becoming a favorite very soon!
Blessings!

7 comments:

Jenners said...

I really really like this one ... the torn edges are quite well done and add a lot to the card. I love seeing how you put these together. I am just amazed at the cute things you are able to put together.

Cindy said...

Well done! I don't use torn edges, either, for the same reason (LOL), but I may just have to try it. It's good to work out of one's comfort zone sometimes, isn't it?

Love the colors and coloring, too!

kisatrtle said...

I love how you colored her. She really stands out. Great job.

Keep "slogen" along.

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous i love the depth you have achieved with the layers of torn paper, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Susie Sugar said...

Hi what a great blog you have, I love your projects they are beautiful and lots of fun too.
Thank you for entering my blog candy .....good luck
Love Susie xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabulous card, she is so cute and I love the tearing. Kim

Anonymous said...

Wait your names shannon pankow?
thats my name;)