Thursday, December 4, 2008

Deep Thoughts of a 5 year old


So, last night my DS Josiah (he is 5) was crying his eyes out at bedtime because he was scared. I asked him what he was scared of. He told me that his kindergarten teacher told him he would get old and die in about 100 years! Now, I know his teacher and I am SURE that was not EXACTLY how the conversation went. LOL! Anyway, he did not want "his body to get all old and die." I told him that we all have a time to live and a time to die and that as believers, we don't fear death because that just means we get to be with God forever. I explained that fear "comes from the devil" etc...just as I was feeling all proud of myself over this wonderful, theological discussion I was having with my son, he says..."Hey Mom, if that old devil picks up a frog, it will pee right in his eyeball!"
Blessings,
Shannon

No comments: