Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!!!!


My sweet, sweet mom and dad got me a Cricut for Christmas! YAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
Can you tell I am really excited about it? LOL I have already been having alot of fun with it. Here is a Birthday Card I made for one of my friends whose birthday is on Saturday... I think it turned out really well. The cardstock is what came with the Cricut, the floral is DCWV, and the Prima isn't really a Prima at all! It is just silk flowers I got on sale at Walmart and removed from the stems. You have to choose the ones that are pretty much flat, so that they will lay nicely on the cards, but it works well and is much cheaper than Primas. Iused a flower shaped brad to attach it to the card and embellished with glitter gel. I added Hot Pink Grosgrain ribbon with one of Courtney's bows (createdbycourtney@blogspot.com) and finished it off with sky blue skittles and multi-color glitter gel. I am very pleased with how my first Cricut creation turned out, and I cannot wait to do some more. Unfortunately for me, I have to do other things today *sigh* my DH actually expects me to do some work around the house today, since I am off...the nerve! LOL
I pray that you all have a blessed Christmas and that the Heavenly Father reveals to you the depth of His love, which enabled Him to send His Son Jesus to earth as a baby...a baby that would grow up to save us all from our sins.
Blessings,
Shannon

2 comments:

Enfys said...

You will SO love your cricut, I am looking forward to seeing some fabby creations from you
Enfys x

kisatrtle said...

Doesn't get better than a cricut...just see my blog post about my obsession...LOL