Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge #33 A Sketch...

This week on Cupcake Craft Challenge, we were given a sketch to work with. I had this lovely little Henry image from WoJ all colored and decided to use him as a starting point. I used a turquoise colored CS out of the Kaleidoscope ValuPak from Joann, and a lovely bright orange out of my stash. I rounded the corners with my EK Success Corner Rounder.


Henry is colored with Copics and I tried something new with him this time. I put a "halo" around the candle flame with a couple of different yellows. I think it turned out pretty good!

The DP is from a clearance sale at Joann...no info on the back, sorry! The ribbon is from the $1 bin at Michael's. (see a pattern emerging here? I am ALL about getting a good deal! hehehe)

The flowers and brads are Spare Parts. I mixed and matched from some yellow, green and blue sets. The buttons are a mix of Basic Grey Urban Prairie and some from my stash.

I followed the theme thru on the inside and added a vellum sentiment sticker from a Lil' Messages pack by American Traditional Designs (the one on the front is from the same pack) and some green grosgrain ribbon from my stash.

He is so cute, I might not be able to give him away! hehehe

Blessings!

9 comments:

Barbara said...

I love this card! All the bright colors and the buttons are the perfect embellies. I wouldn't want to give it away, either!

debby4000 said...

Oh he is fabulous and what brilliant vibrant colours
luv
Debby

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Shannon,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

I love that stamp, I will have to try the halo thing - its a great effect. Fab colours on the card, yummy buttons too.

kisatrtle said...

That cupcake makes me hungry!

Chrissy's Creations said...

Your card is ADORABLE! I love the bright colors, the stamp, the coloring, the buttons ... everything!

lisa said...

What a lovely blog you have. So bright and cheerful, just like this card.

Lisax

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Absolutely gorgeous - the colours, the cupcakes, the BUTTONS! Beautiful, well done.

XxJULESxX said...

Oh!gorgeous cheery card!!love it!!!