Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scripture DP and Some Ideas

Remember that wedding shower that I went to last weekend? Well, I made a card to go with the gift (didn't get a pic because I was running late, of course...hehehe). I used the colors that I saw reflected in her gift registry choices, thinking that she might want to use the card front somehow in her new home. She loved it and I offered to make another so that she would have two to frame and display. Here is the second one I made. It is just a single sheet design, not a card. And, NO COLORED IMAGE!!! {{{gasp}}}!! LOL
I used cream colored CS from my stash, the light teal and scripture DP is from a Flair Designs Paper Collection called Amazing Grace. The brown and dark teal DP is from the DCWV The Green Stack. I used my MS Lace Doily Border Punch on the dark teal to add some visual interest.
The paper sheet this sentiment came on is a full 12 x 12 with multiple scripture verses individually blocked with lines. It makes it really easy to use as your sentiment or focal point like I did with these. I chose John 3:16 to pair with the original, which was I Corinthians 13 (the "love" chapter). What more can be said about these verses? God's love for us is un-ending and His grace truly is amazing! I used a simple silk flower double layer, the polka dot is Heidi Grace and the cream is from a stem I bought at Joann on sale. The brad is Basic Grey Urban Prairie.
The ribbon is a cream satin that I bought at Michael's. It comes in a 15 yd roll for $1. Can't beat that! and the skinny brown I bought at Wally-world. The Cross charm is from Blue Moon.

I liked these so well, that I made a couple more cards like them. I will post those soon. This one is already getting to be a bit long-winded...hehehe!
Blessings!

2 comments:

Chrissy's Creations said...

Your card is lovely!

Riet said...

what a beautiful card,l love the colour.

hugs Riet.x