Saturday, January 24, 2009

WoJ Sketch Challenge #15





Here is my card for the WoJ Challenge 15. Can you see the white ruffles under the circles and across the bottom? That is made of paper towel! Can you believe it? I got the idea from Gina at GinaK designs. She used TP to make hers, but I was looking at my paper towels thinking what a nice texture they had (which , coincidentally, was what led Gina to use the TP...LOL.) So, I stamped a brick red and coffee brown ink pad all over it and then trimmed it with Fiskars "Antique" scissors. I bought the stamp, can you guess...
wait for it...
ON SALE! hehehe
I thought it went nicely with the paper that I chose. I used some beads that I had and a Corsage Pin to make the decorative pin, adding cream ribbon and that little butterfly charm (Wallyworld Find!!!) I attached the sentiment, which is a sticker (see the close up, that verse is SO profound) from a pack that I just love, with ribbon and a button, and finished it off with the chipboard flourishes that I inked with my markers.

4 comments:

kisatrtle said...

It is very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

truly beautiful. The verse of scripture is dear to my heart as well. I am watching as your talent for this craft is just exoloding!
:)proud mom

Enfys said...

It's gorgeous Shannon, that stamp looks very like one I have been coveting by stampin up. Fabulous. You did a great job with the kitchen roll, what a good idea. Might have to lift that one :)
hugs
Enfys x

Rach said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous papers. hugs rachxx